Sunday, May 3, 2009

Speaking to a Ex the First Time

Monday, I was at my daughters home who is 14 weeks pregnant with her 3rd child. She had been sick, voimting, headaches, fevers etc everything we thought of with the swine flu. At the same time she was passing a large amount of blood and clots. Her OB doctor had her admitted right from the office to the hospital. I mentioned to my daughter that she needed to call her dad and let him know. She was crying so hard she just dialed his number and handed the phone to me.

It takes you back a bit when you hear your ex's voice in a long time. I simpl;y said to him George this Marcia and Melissa is in the hospital and went over the list of problems. He paused and replied "Sweatheart can we stop all this its getting the best of me and I cant take it any longer" WOW...I was thinking how do I reply to this our attorneys are working out property and debts. I just replied and said I am not sure what you mean. And went right back our daughter who was in the hospital and asked him do you understand. Nothing more was said.

As I hung up it was puzzling what did he mean by "sweetheart" yes it is the name he called me. But we had been divorced for 1.5 years now and we had never spoke to each other. I passed it off as maybe he wanted to give in. But I think he was truely wanting to stop having to pay spouse support. We may never know.

Yes, the 1st conversation can make you nervious just remain calm never agree with any thing till you have time to think things through. And yes when he says the kind word sweetheart you do remember a few of the good years after all there was 32 of them for us. The main thing you need to also remember why he is your Ex for a reason.as well.

Our daughter got the care she needed and is out from the hospital blessings to that.

Source: 1st Wives Club BLogspot

No comments: