Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ex Husbands What Are They Good For

Ex-Husbands - What Are They Good For? Absolutely Everything! By Connie Ragen Green

Connie Ragen Green will teach you how to write articles, blog posts, and eBooks to increase your web presence and build an online business.

After a divorce both the man and the woman are usually angry, hurt, and disappointed. They feel that the other person wasted their time and is not good for anything anymore. They just want to be out of each others lives. It doesn’t have to be that way. If you can get past what caused the marriage to fail you may see that the other person is a trusted confidant and good for absolutely everything.

My ex-husband is a wonderful man. We made every attempt to work together as a couple but finally we both realized that we were too far apart on important issues for us to stay together. We had an amicable divorce and went our separate ways. We had no children together but I remained close to his adult son and granddaughter. We would see each other on occasion and we both made sure that bank accounts, income taxes, and other matters were taken care of in a timely manner. I felt bad that I had been unable to make this relationship work but glad that we were still civil to each other.

About three years later I was injured at work. I was incapacitated for several months and needed help with shopping, errands, and my dogs. It was my ex who offered to help me during this time and I truly appreciated it. By then we were not angry any longer and had both moved on emotionally. We were able to enjoy each other as friends. I trusted him with my finances and knew that he would take good care of the dogs. He was purchasing a truck for his business and I was able to offer him some helpful advice. We had moved past the divorce and into a new phase for our relationship.

Many people I know think that it is strange to remain friends with someone you were once married to. Others think it shows great maturity. We are not concerned with what anyone else thinks. We just know that it is good to have a trusted, special friend in your life. Part of it feels good because we both see that we are good people, just not good together as husband and wife. If you have the opportunity to stay friends with your ex I would highly recommend it.

Connie Ragen Green is a speaker and author living in southern California. Visit her at http://www.SmallBusinessUnMarketing.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Connie_Ragen_Green

1st Wives Club - Ex-Husbands

No comments: